Below you will find items that are recommended when you are coming to HLRC for class or a workout.
Inhaler (if needed)
- Sandles or shoes you don’t mind getting wet.
- Warm clothes when it is cold out. Wearing a lot of cotton is not a great idea, when cotton gets wet it gets heavy and is hard to move or swim in.
- Rowing Sculling Pogies are rowing gloves that help keep hands warm when it is windy and cold out. Wearing regular gloves makes it almost impossible to more in and can become unsafe for yourself and other rowers in your boat.
- Sunglasses to block out harmful UV rays
- Sunscreen to protect your skin
- Hat for warm and cold weather
- Socks must be worn in boat at all times. There is a chance they could get wet so you should bring an extra pair.
- Dry clothes in case you get wet
- Tennis shoes in case you spend some time on an erg
- Water Bottle
- Watch (water proof)
- Inhaler (if needed)
Strongly Suggested NOT to Bring with You:
Loose clothing that could interfere with rowing
Cell phone that could be damaged by water
Camera that could be damaged by water
Jewelry or anything of value that you would not want to lose or get wet
Rowing Attire Websites: